Buyer weared bracelet 9 days and declared it was damaged on the post

L575
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Buyer bought handmade custom-made bracelet.

It was delivered successfully.

According shop rules buyer should report any problems within 2 days after receiving.

Within 2 days there was no complaints.

After 9 days buyer wrote that she wants to return bracelet.

Our product custom made jewelry with ruby stones, and it's not returnable.

After we wrote this to a buyer, she opened a dispute.

The reason of the disput was that she received wrong product. But she sent photos of the product she ordered, and product even not damaged.

After this... PayPal decided to her side! I'm very surprised. According into consideration that I have a right to PayPal protection as a seller under this transaction...

Anyone knows how many days after receiving the product bayer can say it was damaged on a post or it was other product sent?

They can open disput within 180 days.

Does it mean, that byers can wear product half a year, and then open a disput that product was damaged while delivery? I'm really confused.

Do I need to organize expertize when I receive product back?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@L575

Read the seller protection policy, it is not what you think it is. You're protected against Item Not Received or Unauthorized Transaction. If the buyer claims Signficantly not as described, you are not "protected" and must accept a return before the customer gets a refund. Now you'll have to read the buyer protection policy based on where their buyer is located to see if they are covered for custom made items. Generally they are not but you should make sure. If the buyer is located, for example, in the UK, you'll have to look at the buyer protection policy for the UK. It is possible that an error was made on the PayPal decision and you'll have to catch the error and contact customer service and ask for a review of the dispute. Also, if you can prove to PayPal that this dispute is buyers remorse, you must inform them of this as well. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

L575
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker,

Thank you! Buyer is from The USA.

Do you know how many days buyer can decline that product was damaged on a post? Or that other product was received?

I can't find this information in PayPal policy. In my shop there are 2 days, and buyer can't pay via PayPal until he/she doesn't agree with shop policy and rules, there is soecial tick there you need to put.

Maybe PayPal has different period? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.