Buyer wanting a large refund

Aoife1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I’m hoping someone can help! I listed a camera as used with little signs of use here and there for sale. I sold it for a total of £145 including postage and the buyer is claiming it arrived damaged(the lens cap) and I didn’t clearly state it had scratches to the display screen. I’ve offered a replacement lens cap, a full refund for return or a partial refund of £30. That brings the total sold price to match the price I can get from trading it in, hence why I can’t offer more. I’ve tried explaining used items will come with signs of use and I even have pictures on the posting of the screen and these (minamal) scratches. They are demanding £50 which is think is unreasonable, due to the independent evaluation I got before sending. I thought I was being reasonable offering that much because a lens cap is less than £5 and I assumed signs of use are expected on used items. The buyer is being pretty unreasonable, refusing to return and demanding the £50- I literally can’t afford to sell it that cheap! They have now escalated it to a claim and I don’t really know what my options/likely outcome will be with that. I suffer with a few bad mental health issues and its causing me a lot of stress, honestly don’t know what else I can do as it’s the first time I’ve sold anything. I can completely understand if someone isn’t happy with an item but surely they can’t just refuse to return and demand that much of a refund?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.