Buyer/seller protection

few8609
Contributor
Contributor

I have read a lot about buyer/seller protection about items. Recently someone raised this scenario with me. What happens in the event the seller, accidentally or intentionally or otherwise, sends a (trackable) package containing no item? Let's say they did this intentionally, then when a dispute arises they emphatically and vehemently claim the item was sent and the buyer is simply trying something on. Which way would PayPal err, especially in the case where case the seller makes more noise and is more dramatic than the buyer? I'd be interested to hear responses to this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@few8609

Then you open a dispute for 'item received but not as described'.........its not as described because its not there.

Then if paypal find in your favour and tell you to return the item to the seller trackable to prove delivery.........then you return the item ie nothing back to the seller trackable as advised for a refund........hopefully.

You DO NOT open a dispute for non receipt or you would lose as the seller would be able to supply a tracking number.

Also in my opinion you should ALWAYS should fund your Paypal payment via a credit card so you have the backup of a chargeback if you don't win the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.