Buyer saying item I sent was dirty but it wasn’t when I sent it

Staceyleesmith
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a brand new wedding dress to a girl over Facebook. I allowed PayPal as insurance for both of us. But now she is saying that she’s recieved it this morning and that there’s tan marks all over the armpits but I’ve never worn fake tan and I inspected that dress before I sent it and told her which marks there were which she was happy with. This girl is covered in fake tan and I’m wondering that she’s decided the dress doesn’t fit or she doesn’t like it and has got fake tan on it once she has tried it on. She’s now asking for a refund but she’s going to send me back a dress that is no use to me now with tan all over the arms!!! What can I do? It 100% wasn’t sent like that so now I feel like I’m going to be out of pocket

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Staceyleesmith

Paypal do not do 'insurance' they provide 'some buyer' and 'some seller' protection.

Has your buyer opened a dispute or claim?

If not then refuse any refund until she does and 'if' she wins.

If she opens a dispute then respond with what you have said here BEFORE she escalates it to a claim for Paypal to review.

If Paypal find in your favour then good, but if not then she will have to return the item back to you (trackable to prove delivery back to you at her own expense) before you have to refund her.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Staceyleesmith

Paypal do not do 'insurance' they provide 'some buyer' and 'some seller' protection.

Has your buyer opened a dispute or claim?

If not then refuse any refund until she does and 'if' she wins.

If she opens a dispute then respond with what you have said here BEFORE she escalates it to a claim for Paypal to review.

If Paypal find in your favour then good, but if not then she will have to return the item back to you (trackable to prove delivery back to you at her own expense) before you have to refund her.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.