Buyer returning damaged item

Jennacox
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I was looking for some advice. I sold a coat to buyer and when he received it he claims it’s now ruined as when he washed it there is now glue like marks all over it ? He said there must of been dried glue on the coat that has now heated up and come out in wash. I took photos of the coat before Posting and there was no marks on it ( I have all these pictures) the buyer has basically ruined the coat by washing it somehow and now wants a refund. PayPal advised me that they will request the buyer to send it back for a refund but I do not want a ruined coat back. The situation is so unfair the coat was sold for £70 but is worth around £100 . Does anyone have any experiences like this before ? I’m trying to call PayPal again to make it clear I don’t want a ruined coat send back to me but am stuck on hold Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jennacox 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

Paypal do not know what you sent OR what the buyer says that they received, so they make a judgment call.

If they find for the buyer then the buyer has to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

You can appeal if you think the item you received back was ruined by the buyer but to be honest that rarely works but worth a shot?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.