Buyer requesting full refund- advise please

EllieD8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have my wedding gown via a UK second-hand wedding dress website. I never wore my dress but it was bought as a sample sale.

I listed the dress as a sample and stated it was worn in the store and it was not in perfect condition. 

The buyer has received the dress and is now not happy with the gown due to the few signs of wear it has and has filed a claim via PayPal, requesting the full refund. 

I just really want to understand where I stand in this situation, should I refuse to refund and let PayPal decide and if I do how much will PayPal be in my favour?

Any advice would really be appreciated it as I am stressing out about this. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EllieD8 

If the buyer has opened a paypal dispute then by all means provide as much evidence as you want, however if you refuse a refund then paypal will make a judgement call.

Normally if paypal finds in favour of the buyer then they have to return the item back to you first before you refund (although rules are changing and that is no longer guaranteed), all you can do is work the system and hope it works in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EllieD8
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much @kernowlass  Oh I really hope I get the dress back if it comes to that! Losing my money and the dress would be the worst outcome right now! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.