Buyer refunded by PayPal.

ppaaro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have recently had a dispute. The result was in favour of the buyer which is fair enough. I clearly stated I would be happy to give a refund upon return and receiving of the item. The item was never sent back. But !!NO!!Paypal decided to refund the buyer anyway. This is down right despicable and surely not right. How can this be?? Do you always treat sellers this way?? Have you forgotten that it is the seller that makes you the money? In my opinion you are now in my eyes a company that simply rips people off.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ppaaro 

Police will not be interested as its a civil and not criminal matter.

Buyers do normally have to return items but their are exceptions.

1. If the item is proven fake.

2. If the item is dangerous to return in the post.

3. If it wasn't a paypal dispute but a chargeback done by the buyers credit card issuer.

4. If the seller does not respond to the paypal dispute.

If none of those apply then your best bet is to contact customer services and ask why?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

And yes you also have the option of the small claims court in the UK if you think that is an option for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

write it down and go to the police

Login to Me Too

ppaaro
Contributor
Contributor
I have not only lost the value of the item but also my listing fees and postage . If I don't receive the item back within 5 days I will go to the police. This is also a trading standards concern in my opinion and I will also go to them if necessary. Just think how many sellers this has happened to and the money they have lost.
Login to Me Too

erik11747
Contributor
Contributor

you are always free to go to the police

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ppaaro 

Police will not be interested as its a civil and not criminal matter.

Buyers do normally have to return items but their are exceptions.

1. If the item is proven fake.

2. If the item is dangerous to return in the post.

3. If it wasn't a paypal dispute but a chargeback done by the buyers credit card issuer.

4. If the seller does not respond to the paypal dispute.

If none of those apply then your best bet is to contact customer services and ask why?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

And yes you also have the option of the small claims court in the UK if you think that is an option for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dadunn0
Contributor
Contributor

I am livid.  First of all ... I have worked diligently to sell my items as cheap as possible and not gouge anyone.  I went over board in many instances and sent free goods to people.  So this just makes me even more upset.  That ebay and paypal would do what they are doing.  I have complete tracking numbers on all my goods. They all showed delivered.  I also have emails from those that I contacted before I sent out the package confirming what they were getting.  Yet people are getting refunds.  Why?  I do not understand this. so anyone can go in and say i did not get this and then they get their money back. what kind of environment is this?  This is not right.  I am just a small seller and do not deserve this kind of treatment. The one guy says he shipped back the items that he misunderstood. Although i cannot understand how he misunderstood when it clearly stated what you were getting and i have an email from him saying he knew what he was gettting.  Yet package delivered and confirmed.  And he gets a refund.  I know times are tough but if EBAY and PAYPAL are going to refund money out of my account i am going to close my bank account and move to another bank.  How can they do this.  i never got contacted by the buyer either.  All of a sudden i go into my account to do my books and see all these refunds.  how is this legal and how is this continuing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.