Buyer protection

Vikki-munchkin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, before Christmas I ordered some jigsaw puzzles as gifts for family. After lots of chasing I received a tracking number from the company. A month later it arrived. However it was not 4 jigsaw puzzles it was a cheap ring with a note saying it was a free gift while my order is dispatched. The jigsaws never arrived and the seller got rude over email telling me "to just be patient". I set a dispute up in the resolution centre and attached all the email trail and photos of the item received and the packaging. PayPal have declined my dispute after nearly a month of waiting with the reason the buyer has given them shipment tracking proving the item was delivered. An item was delivered but not what I ordered!!! I've never used buyer protection before but my understanding was if the item was significantly not as described which this clearly is I would be entitled to a refund?! Please help. What do I do next? Who should I contact as the claim has been closed. Thanks so much in advance - I'm a nubey at this Vikki
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vikki-munchkin 

Did you open a dispute for item received but not as described? ie you got a bait and switch ring?

Or did you open one for non receipt which any seller would win if they provided tracking?

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vikki-munchkin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for the response. Yes it would seem I opened it under the wrong category. I messaged customer service yesterday and got a response today. She has opened a new case under item not as described for me so hopefully I will get the right result this time. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks again for getting back to me. I hopefully won't need to use it again in the future but if I do I will be very careful about what category I put it under.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.