Buyer protection scammers China

Turtle345
Contributor
Contributor
So who else just realized paypal is a complete incompetent company that is in bed with the scammers? We need to start a class action lawsuit against their **bleep** business practices that protect the scammers. I opened a claim with paypal because an item I received from China was fake. The website from the seller was taken down. I figured paypal was a respectable company and they would fix this because it is unethical business practice. But nope! I was told to return the items to get a full refund which I was willing to gladly do. The seller was unresponsive to emails so no address was provided. It’s ok because paypal provided me with a return address they have for the seller on file. The return address on file that they gave me was a bunch of Mumbo jumbo that is not readable nor properly formatted. I talked to someone on the phone and they said to get a letter from the post office saying it is undeliverable. Nevermind the fact that any rational person with half a functioning brain can just look at the address and see it’s not legit. So basically paypal doesn’t even verify their own addresses on file. They even email customers these addresses with nobody there giving a damn because they are obviously not legit addresses. Whatever. So I get a letter from the post office saying it is an undeliverable address so I can’t ship it out to return. Then days later paypal denies my claim because I didn’t ship back the items. Lol. Well no **bleep**. How was I supposed too? No valid address is given to me. Paypal is in bed with the scammers and in the case I provided full detail of everything going on just for them in the end to give me the run around and side with the scammers. I went on google and saw these people are close to a 1 star rating. I’m not surprised. Who else is sick of PayPal? Better yet. How can someone fix this because at this point it’s obvious paypal is broken beyond repair. I thought they were a respectable company. Hell no!
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Turtle345 

Message PayPal customer service to appeal the decision.

To reach out to customer service for assistance (message response times will be delayed though; limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions):

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Turtle345
Contributor
Contributor
Lol. I’ve tried talking to them via message and they are completely incompetent. Paypal is crap
Login to Me Too

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

That link goes nowhere. If paypal already sided with the vendor, I don't see how or where I can protest their decision. Paypal sucks.

Login to Me Too

v_litvin
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation. I ordered from fake Chinese web site Toshiba external hard drive and received instead cheap made whistle form US address. PayPal provided return address in Chinese language which impossible to verify and be sure that package will reach seller. In situation like this PayPal shall protect buyers and demand from seller to send prepaid postal package label that would be possible to return package, because buyer shall not pay for seller mistake of organized fraud. PayPal, please stay on the honest people side and protect them!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Turtle345
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal sucks! Lol. I had no idea they were such a crap company protecting the scammers. It’s only a matter of time before Zell or Cashapp takes over
Login to Me Too

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is in fact endorsing these scammers. They know how much money it costs to return the item to China. These companies know Paypal is going to suggest that, so where is the incentive for them to send you the product you actually ordered and paid for? There is no incentive. In fact, the way Paypal operates in these cases, encourages these scammers to continue because they can't loose!

I got scammed out of almost $40. I see a lot of other people have gotten scammer out of a lot more money. Easy profits for these scammers. Paypal gets paid, so their good with it all. SHAME ON PAYPAL!

Login to Me Too

DCMoe13

I thought PayPal's buyer protection would protect me from scammers, but it is definitely the other way around. A clearly fraudulent seller who has undoubtedly received tons of complaints was treated like an honest broker. I received cheap crap that looked nothing like what I bought (supposedly from the UK) that I would have to pay to return to China for my "full" refund even though the return shipping costs all but eclipsed what I have paid for my items. I had a terrible experience and so I decided to write about it. If you want to contribute your experience, please contact me through my website at christinemcondo.com/contact.php. All responses will be anonymized to protect your privacy.

Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Your site doesn’t work🤷🏼‍♀️ I “won 2 cases. But the 3rd is not working. The first 2- I didn’t have to send back item. (I guess I totally confused the Customer service reps... but it took 3 months, and 2 months for those cases. I’m 1-1/2 month in on the 3rd... but with the deadlines they impose only on the customers, (not the vendors) There are no loopholes to grab a hold of. I would be interested in “your writings”
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.