Buyer protection is just a joke!

Laurenzooz
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased items that were faulty and not as described. I returned the items three months ago. Paypal denied the claim. The reason was that I didn't send proof of shipping. This is not true, I sent them the receipt of the shipment and the tracking code. 

I also sent them an atachement of an email where the courier told me that the seller did not pick up the item from post office. Paypal first ignored this attachment and closed the case. I sent the attachement again and they reopened the case for few days and then closed it again. The excuse this time was that I didn't provide the information they asked. 

Like seriously? I provided all the information like three months ago. 

I thought Paypal was safe to use because of the buyer protection. However, the "buyer protection" is just a joke, they keep ignoring the attachements I send, and they have not gave me a clear and good answer when I asked what should I have done differently to get my refund.

There is no point to use paypal since the buyer protection is clearly not working. I have read a lot of similar posts in this forum and I am amazed how can this happen to so many people. Paypal should really do something about their "buyer protection" and customer service.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurenzooz 

All they needed was the tracking number. The return's tracking status has to also show "delivered" though.  If you paid with credit card, dispute through  them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Laurenzooz
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted the courier via email and they said that the item waited two weeks in post office and seller didn't pick it up. 

I have sent paypal an attachment of that email.

The last update on the tracking is that the shipment is leaving the destination country.

That's because it's being shipped back to me since the seller didn't pick it up.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurenzooz 

I know, but its still not the information that PayPal is looking for. They want proof of delivery, not proof of shipment. Just dispute with your card. The protections that PayPal has can be limiting depending on the circumstances. Its not a guarantee, warranty or insurance; PayPal never claims this, so unfortunately has its limitations.

Login to Me Too

Brett19821
Contributor
Contributor

Seller protection is a damn joke to I sold a home depot gift card 2 weeks ago to help bury my father and the money was sent buy seller seller received his gift card and used it but I still cant get my money I keep getting told its the buyer but I was on screen shaare with thebuyer when he spoke with pay pal and they said everything would be taken care of this was 10 days ago this is a f****** joke.... I will never trust paypal ever again

Login to Me Too

Brett19821
Contributor
Contributor

yeah and whats really **bleep** up is they wrote me last night and offered to send me the money and asked if I had a credit card so they could send the money directly to why send it to my damn pay pal

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brett19821 wrote:

Seller protection is a damn joke to I sold a home depot gift card 2 weeks ago to help bury my father and the money was sent buy seller seller received his gift card and used it but I still cant get my money I keep getting told its the buyer but I was on screen shaare with thebuyer when he spoke with pay pal and they said everything would be taken care of this was 10 days ago this is a f****** joke.... I will never trust paypal ever again

@Brett19821 wrote:

yeah and whats really **bleep** up is they wrote me last night and offered to send me the money and asked if I had a credit card so they could send the money directly to why send it to my damn pay pal

You sold a gift card, buyer supposedly paid. Do/did you see a record of payment in your PayPal account? Even if PayPal put a hold on the money, there should still be a record of payment in your account.

If there is a PayPal hold on the funds:

Sellers/recipients have to add tracking or update order status first to get money sooner:

- Click Activity at the top of the page.

- Find and click the original payment for the item.

- Click Add Tracking Info.

- Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds when delivery can be confirmed with courier.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds:

- Click Activity at the top of the page.

- Find and click the original payment for the item.

- Click Confirm Receipt.

- Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If you see no record of payment, then you were scammed by fake payment emails. If the buyer does not confirm receipt, then you will have to wait up to 21 days for the funds.

What do you mean by, "I keep getting told its the buyer"? And who wrote offering to send money to your credit card? I am getting the impression that there is some confusion on whether you were sent money or not. You said the money was sent by "buyer" not seller, you are the seller. Was the money on hold by PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Brett19821
Contributor
Contributor

I tried what you said I have receipt of payment but there is no option to confirm I am the seller but my account has been credited but its pending and buyer has confirmed he received his gift card.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brett19821 

If you have updated the order status to Order Processed, and the buyer won't, can't or doesn't have option to "confirm receipt" on their end of the transaction then you'll just have to wait until PayPal releases the funds in 21 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.