Buyer opened case, but never responded - case is now closed

Turnapaige
New Community Member

A buyer opened a case against me for a mobile phone which I sold; I responded straight back to the case on the same day in which it was opened. I no longer needed the phone, and offered a partial refund (half price of what they purchased) so they would have ended up getting an up to date smartphone for very little money. However, the buyer never responded to my request and the case is now closed. On eBay it now says 'Your funds are now available' - does this mean that I won the case? This is actually my first time selling on eBay so I do not understand their language. Could the buyer dispute this with Paypal, if so - should I contact Paypal and show them the case history? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Turnapaige, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Yes, if the buyer does not respond to you or escalate the dispute to PayPal for review we will close the case in your favour. It works the other way around if the seller does not respond to the buyer in a claim. If the buyer opened this case on eBay, they will still have the opportunity to open a case on PayPal. For this reason, please ensure you keep any evidence you may have to support your side of the case. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.