Buyer not following through with original agreement

Carmyv
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer and I had agreed that when purchasing the item , she would be in charge of the shipping arrangements for the item I’ve sold to her . When the buyer had made payment to me, she included the shipping fees in the amount without informing me that she would do so . Due to this I was then expected to take money from my own pocket to pay for the shipping to the company of her choice in order to have the funds released to me . I also explained to her that this was not the agreement and she should not send me anymore money as the shipping is her responsibitly . The buyer then made a payment to me the second time for her shipment insurance payments without informing me . Now my money is on hold due to this action I had already informed her that she was not to do in the first place . As I need this money, I’ve borrowed money and tried to just pay these shipment costs , but due to faults with the shipping company I was unsuccessful in doing so . Now the buyer does not want to accept responsibility for the payment to her insurance agent as I have said I would send her the insurance fees back via paypal so that my funds can be released and she should take care of the shipment from here onwards . I am getting no support from paypal as they are not understanding that the buyer put me in this situation without informing me . I have no support from them and I don’t know what to do because I’ve already helped this woman by paying the shipment fees to have my funds released . What can I do ? Please help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carmyv

Are the funds the buyer sent you actually SHOWING in your paypal account balance???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Carmyv
Contributor
Contributor
No it is not reflecting . Paypal just keeps telling me that the funds are on hold but my balance is still zero . She keeps insisting that the transaction cannot be reversed and now I have already lost out on money for having to pay the shipping fees which she included in the first payment she made without my consent .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carmyv

In that case I think you have been scammed.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment they don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad etc etc but they will arrange a shipping agent to collect it.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The 'fake' paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via western union, moneygram or walmart etc BEFORE the funds are released to you.
They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.
Also their is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.