Buyer mistakenly opened a dispute with financial institution

MaconComputer
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer mistakenly opened a dispute with their financial institution. I could not determine the actual invoice from the information that PayPal provided. The buyer is on recurring billing for monthly service. The buyer emailed to me their copy of the information with which I was able to show that they had missed a payment. So the buyer was not only mistaken but was past due. PayPal investigated and still took the money from my account. There was no way to update them that the buyer was mistaken , after making my first response , there was no way to add information.  The buyer does no want their account cancelled and would like to pay the bill along with any fees Paypal charged to me. How do you contact paypal when something is horribly wrong and why did their investigation fail when the buyer already knew they were mistaken. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MaconComputer 

If they did NOT open a paypal dispute but did a chargeback instead via their card company then it has nothing to do with paypal.

The card company makes all the decisions and not paypal.

If it had been a paypal dispute then it would probably have just failed as the payment was authorised by the buyer but because they went via their card company then that card company takes the word of their client in that the payment was unauthorised.

So the buyer should have contacted their card issuer to cancel any chargeback , suggest they do that now.

If they have already been refunded then they would just have to pay you again / set up another subscription and pay you any fees from the chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.