Buyer loses

Seitz5
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase for 55.99 and did not receive the merchandise. I tried twice to contact the seller without receiving any response to my question as to status. I then disputed the transaction. The dispute was denied because the seller provided shipment tracking confirming the merchandise was delivered. Problem is I have not received the merchandise and have not received the tracking information myself to back track what happened, IF, the tracking information was genuine.

I tried to reach someone by phone but that route yielded nothing but frustration. I need to know how to appeal this denial. I am afraid PayPal buyers will be defrauded by sellers who use whatever method the seller used to defraud me and I have little recourse in the matter other than a legal remedy if I can't find a person to speak with at PayPal. Any ideas on how to 1) receive shipment information 2) speak to someone who is empowered to make a change in the dispute process so a buyer is not defrauded would be helpful.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Seitz5
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a router from a seller using PayPal and never received the item so I tried to contact the seller twice by email. The seller never responded so I disputed the transaction. PayPal denied my dispute because they said the seller provided proof of delivery. I was incensed and sent back a complaint saying I had not received the router. I was amazed that PayPal had not sent me the tracking information so I could back track why I didn't get the router. I haven't heard back from them, low and behold I put two and two together when I realized the package I had received in early April containing three pieces of plastic and, nothing more in it, was the method used by the scammer to defraud me of 56 dollars.

The shipper was James <removed>, Less'More Ltd, <removed><removed> and the tracking number for the package containing three pieces of plastic was 9274 8902 849[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] If that was what the seller used to prove the package had arrived it would be clear that it was not a router as the envelope measured 5 x 7 inches.

Login to Me Too

Fashionlover87
Contributor
Contributor
I am also a buyer and get no support from PayPal for my refund case. It is horrible, I think PayPal can’t be used as a way for protection anymore...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Seitz5 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.