Buyer is disputing an item I gave her back in February. No proof of delivery.

Kirarayon
New Community Member

A buyer is disputing an item I delivered to her in person back around February 20th 2018 and saying that she never got it. I have no proof of sending it because she came and picked it up from my house..what can I do to prove that I delivered this to her so that she does not scam me? I told her if she just gives me back the dress I'd refund her, but I think she wants to keep the dress and get her money back 3 months later, what can I do? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirarayon

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kirarayon
New Community Member

It wasn't from Ebay, it was a personal transaction. She wasn't supposed to come pick it up, she messaged me and said she'd be in town and it'd be easier and faster for her to just pick it up. But yeah, I should have recorded it, I didn't even think of it!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirarayon

I didn't say it was from Ebay, I merely said that that is why Ebay (for one) let you list cash on collection.

But the same applies to a paypal private sale.

If she said she was going to pick up your best option would have been to refund her and ask her to bring cash.

In the event of an item not received dispute the ONLY proof paypal accept is a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kirarayon
New Community Member

Ah sorry misread what you said. Yeah, you are right, I should have. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.