Buyer has claimed empty box was sent

Jb116
New Community Member

Hi all, Honestly at a loss as to what to do, buyer has claimed that the laptop I sent has arrived and only the laptop box was in the delivery. PayPal has now sided with the buyer and refunded over £1000 back to him so I’m without my laptop and my money. I used eBay and PayPal on the understanding it was supposed to offer a safe and secure selling experience but instead I’ve lost my laptop and all my money. I’m not sure what more I could have done as a seller? I stuck to all the guidelines, sent the laptop signed, tracked and weighed and have sent all this to PayPal and they still side with the buyer. Any ideas on what I can do to try and recover any of this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jb116 

Small claims court action against the buyer if they are not telling the truth, but you may want to contact RM first to check if the item was damaged on delivery and possibly the item missing?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BigDave99
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, Only £30 in my case but I’m royally **bleep** off. My buyer raised a case 2 months after he’d signed for the package. What’s to stop me from claiming that everything I’ve ever bought online didn’t actually arrive? It’s bloody ridiculous!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.