Buyer gave incorrect shipment number, and paypal (incorrecty) closed my case.

Nster101
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help me, as paypal has left me no way out of here.

I placed an order for several items from a seller, and they were sent out in separate shipments.  some of the items arrived, but others got lost with Aramex. Aramex (shipment company) confirmed that the shipment was missing. The seller did not want to refund me until buyer protection had expired, so i filed a paypal dispute.

Afterwards, they agreed to refund me within 48 hours on the dispute. However, 10 days later, they tell me I must close the dispute before they refund me. So I escalate it to Paypal.

They then upload the tracking details of one of the small items that DID arrive, 32149388364, but was worth about 3 dollars. They did not upload the correct details of the item that did not arrive, 32149265481. I have evidence from Aramex confirming that this shipment is lost. Paypal automatically ruled in their favor because they uploaded the incorrect tracking details which show a different item as being delivered. (not the correct, valuable one).

So here I am, $240.16 dollars worse off, with paypal having automatically closed my case without verifying the facts, and no way for me to appeal this ludicrous decision.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

I see he is in South Africa,someone once said there is no chargeback in S...A.

Login to Me Too

Nster101
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys, thankfully, I called paypal and they agreed to change my case to Item Not Recieved, and they are relooking at it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nster101

Well done, you were lucky, they don't often do that.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.