Buyer files dispute, claims item not received

Faun1
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an item to a buyer in the USA on 18 Sep, and furnished her with a tracking number and proof of postage. Only after that, she told me that she needed the item by a certain date and demanded a refund. Had I been informed BEFORE i sent the item out, i could have advised her regarding shipping times. Alas, this came only after she had already received the proof of postage. She is now claiming that she did not receive the item and is raising a dispute to get a refund. Postal services show that the item was received in the USA on 24 Sep, but it does not show the address the item was sent to. How will Paypal judge this case? What can else can I do? I have already raised an enquiry with the post office regarding the parcel’s exact location, but they will have to be in contact with USPS, and from what I understand, all this is painstakingly slow, and might not be done within 30 days. Help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi Faun1 and welcome, 

If you have shipped an item to your buyer then your shipping company should be able to confirm if they have received the item. If they have advised that they will reach out to USPS then ask them could they send you an email or a letter stating this? This way you will be able to add this to the case and we may be able to extend the timeframe. I would like to say that when you are shipping an item always ship it with tracking as we do need to be able to see that the item was not only shipped but delivered to your buyer's address. You should also be able to track this yourself if you go to the USPS website and enter the tracking number you received. 

I hope this helps and please keep us posted as it may help other members. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Faun1
Contributor
Contributor
USPS is not allowing me to track it as the item was sent from Singapore. Getting very worried now!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello Faun1,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.