Buyer filed claim, buyer to return item for refund, but item returned was not what I sold

yumcheerio
New Community Member

I sold an item on eBay and shipped it to the buyer. The buyer made a claim that the item was not in working condition, and messaged me about this two days BEFORE the item was delivered, which I believe to be fraudulent. The item was in working condition when I submitted it.

I received messages from eBay asking me not to communicate with the buyer, who had been flagged as fraudulent, so I did not respond to their initial messages. The buyer then submitted a claim to PayPal that the item was not as described.

I submitted evidence of the buyer's original message they sent before the item was delivered as well as eBay's notifications about the fraudulent buyer, but PayPal resolved the claim by asking the buyer to ship back the item so I could issue a refund.

Today I received a shipment of a car air freshener, and there is no way for me to update the claim since I am the seller and PayPal's interface doesn't allow me to dispute the delivered item, only acknowledge that the delivery arrived.

How do I submit evidence that the buyer did not return the item, and should not be issued a refund? This is clearly fraudulent activity where the buyer is trying to keep the item AND get a full refund, but I don't see any course of action I can take in the resolution center on the claim that won't result in the buyer getting a full refund and keeping my item.

Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yumcheerio 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.