Buyer did a chargeback after 2 month of receiving the item?

Bluesky11
New Community Member

In my years selling I never had any issue with my buyers. Until now.

On March 21th 2018, I sold a Apple watch. Buyer paid, since it was a buy it now. I shipped via eBay on March 22th 2018 to her confirmed address on eBay and PayPal confirmed her address. And same address for both. And on March 26th 2018 the buyer got the watch delivered to her house.

Then on May 15th 2018 around 9PM EST, she did a chargeback reason being Unauthorized Transaction via her credit card and a hold was put on my PayPal balance. I saw the e-mail of PayPal at 12AM and I was going to provide tracking number, but PayPal already provide it on my behalf.

I called PayPal today and they removed the hold on my account, but the chargeback case is still opened, since it was filed with her credit card and not PayPal, Paypal can not closed it in my favor. And they said it can take 75 days for the credit card to make the final decision. PayPal says I have seller protection and even if I lose with the credit card, that PayPal will refund me at the end.

My problem with the buyer is that this is fraud. Not only did the buyer never contact me. She got the watch at her confirmed address and waited two month later. If it was true that someone took her account, Why would she not send back the Apple watch when she got it. Plus eBay and Paypal had to email her saying she bought a watch and then she had to get more e-mails saying it was shipped and then delivered.

I am writing this because I wanted to let other Sellers know of this type of fraud that can happen. Also has anyone had this issue and had any problems with losing to a credit card company?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.