Buyer damaged the item I sold and claimed it was faulty. Paypal protected the buyer

IrmaInver
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold an item on Depop to this customer who got a couple of bad reviews for lying about the conditions of the item received to get a refund etc.. so I took a lot of pictures of the item before shipping it to her.

Timely, the buyer messages me saying that I sold her a damaged thing and that she wanted her money back etc.. very aggressively right from the start. I try to defend myself and ask for some pictures to see what the problem was and it was something that she did while trying the item on, and I suggest her how to do to fix it. She starts a crazy rant about how machiavellian I was and that she would have gone straight to Paypal to claim her money back.
I am utterly disgusted and incredulous, as I have just got the notification that Paypal decided to return the money to the buyer, who clearly damaged the item I sold her, even after I provided loads of proofs that when I have shipped the item, it was in immaculate conditions.
I cannot believe that Paypal is seriously analyzing each case properly, otherwise, they would have clearly proved me right.

Did anyone experienced anything like this and can suggest what to do?
I will now wait to receive back the item, which has been damaged by the buyer and I will not be able to resell it.
I still cannot believe this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.