Buyer convinced Paypal to take 1500.00 from my bank account

Ripped_off_1978
New Community Member

I sold my 1978 Corvette on ebay. I had invested 20,000 into car and needing cash fast sold it for 6,000. The buyer told me the car was not in the condition he thought it would be and filed dispute with Paypal. I saw the notice from  Paypal and scoffed at the notion this buyer would complain about the car and thought it was ridiculous and did not fully read the notice. The car had new 6K engine, new 2k paint, new 2k chrome rims and tires, new 1600.00 muffler system front to back new radiator and fans, etc. On top of that the car was a 1978 so over 40 yrs. old.

Some pencil pusher at Paypal took this buyers word that the car was not what he paid for and refunded 1500.00 to him out of my bank account. All this with covid19 and financial worries. 

This is theft and fraud straight out and i cant believe Paypal can write up a legal document absolving them of any responsibility once case is closed. Has anyone taken them to court over this document and whether it has merit? I have asked my bank not to pay this but may be to late

If I can not resolve this with Paypal I will have to sue the buyer to get my money back. He is from Poland so not even sure he will show up. Any suggestions on best way to go about this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.