Buyer conned me by using Paypal

topsuzuki
Contributor
Contributor

I sold privately my Suzuki Carry Van after having service and Mot, before selling so it was all good, 15 years old with 96000 miles and very good condition, buy purchased without seeing and insisted paying by PayPal. He then gave to his friend a mechanic to find fault but only came back with front brake disc showing wear, but fine for mot and mileage. Buyer made a claim through PayPal for £800 way ubove any repair costs. I responded offering a contribution or money back, he refused and PayPal gave him to full £800 and charged me. I feel the buyer did this on purpose to get a cheaper vehicle. I have 425 genuine feed back and as genuine as you will find. Feel been tricked and deceived. PayPal or eBay no help, tried for three hours plus just moved around from agent to agent. Any help or had this experience be grateful for any help. Seems so wrong

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @topsuzuki 

This must be a frustrating experience to anyone and I am very sorry about that. If you don't mind me asking, are you sure that this case was filed through PayPal and not eBay? PayPal should not entertain a dispute on a transaction made to purchase a vehicle as it is a violation of our policy.

Kindly review PayPal Account User Agreement. To get there,

• Click 'Legal' at the bottom of the PayPal pages.
  • Select your location from the dropdown menu.
  • Click Paypal User Agreement.
  • Click the menu button on the upper left corner and select Sending money and buying.
  • Select Purchase protection.
  • Loof for 'Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program'.

You may also review your protection by clicking Selling and accepting payments from buyers >> Seller protection.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.