Buyer claims fake item

JordanAch2021
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold an item on ebay, a pair of designer trainers at a value of £400+. The buyer sends me a message saying the size did not fit there needs and asks for a refund. The size of the trainers was provided in the description along with other necessary information. I offered the seller a £100.00 partial refund even though I didnt have to it was a gesture of good will as expensive trainers can always be re sold again. The buyer accept that offer so a partial refund was sent and recieved. A few hours later on the same day the buyer then opened a dispute directly to PayPal falsely claiming the trainers were fake, as a result the payment I recieved from the buyer has now been taken out of the account and placed on hold, that was done without notifying me or even requesting a return through ebay. I have now opened a counter claim against this person explaining the item is authentic and the buyer accepted a partial refund before hand.. the dispute is currently underway. Now I do not know if this person is trying to scam me out money or somehow came to conclusion that claiming the item as fake to get a refund from PayPal and keep the item aswell. The item is still in the buyers possession.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JordanAch2021 

If its a paypal dispute then if the buyer wins they will probably asked to return the item to you first before you have to refund the rest.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.