Buyer claiming item received broken.

Joshuac91
Contributor
Contributor

So I sold some smart lights over Facebook market place. I allowed him to pay via PayPal but only so long as he paid it as a business transaction. I tested the smart bulbs before I sent them all 4 were working. They arrived on Wednesday and he messages me saying one doesn’t work. So I tried to help him sort it out but now it seems to be that it is definitely broken. I have asked for him to return the item to me and I’ll issue a partial refund although I have advised it was damaged in transit and that is the route he should take first and claim on the insurance that was on the package. The buyer expects me to partially refund without returning the goods. He’s threatened me with getting PayPal involved. As far as I was aware Facebook market place is a sold as seen and I do not have to honour any refund etc anyway this was me trying to be nice but he’s testing my patience now. There could be any number of reason the bulb in the video he’s sent me hasn’t worked spanning from the lamp he used was broken etc and it doesn’t constitute definitive proof it’s broken to me hence why I want it returned to me so I can make that judgement but he’s being sketchy about it. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Newoln
New Community Member
I’ve have the exact same thing this week and I don’t know what to do. Did you come to a resolution in the end?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.