Buyer claiming his transaction was unauthorized

Aleksander_043
Contributor
Contributor

A few weeks ago i sold a game to a buyer. We agreed a price of 25€, int two transactions. I gave him the game and he sent me 25€ through familiy & friends. Today i got two mails from paypal saying there is a problem with my transactions. I log on to paypal to see that i am -25€ in my wallet. The buyer claims that he did not authorize these two transactions. I have mails from him saying that he paid. I already contacted the support. I am wondering if there is something else i should do.

NOTE:

- The transaction occurred 29th November.

- Mail was sent 29th November

- Case opened 21th December

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aleksander_043 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.