Buyer asked to file an Internet crime report with the FBI?

playerattrape
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Paypal, I have an active dispute on my account right now. In the beginning me and buyer disagreed but we now AGREE to return and refund. Usually to return is very easy with Paypal BUT the buyer was asked by Paypal to open an Internet crime report against me through the ic3 link. Both me and buyer don’t want this hassle and only want to return and then refund. Please if a Paypal employee sees this, both me and buyer want the case to be closed in the buyer’s favour. We don’t want any hassle or dealing with Internet crime report. Please, if a Paypal employee is here please help us escalate this case. We just want to return and refund. Help us open a link to initiate the refund process without opening an Internet crime report. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

walterDUB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

hi  @playerattrape 

If you want to close a dispute by issuing a refund please follow these instructions.

Stay safe!

Login to Me Too

playerattrape
Contributor
Contributor

The only solution i have to issue a full refund but there is a note there stating that the buyer will retain the item. I do not have the second option where the buyer needs to return the item to me before i send out the refund. Please help! Why don’t i have the second option?

Login to Me Too

tosca_cosio
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @playerattrape ! Happy to hear that you have worked it out with the buyer! Once item is returned you can use this link to issue a refund https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-full-or-partial-refund-faq780?app=searc... and you can tell the buyer to close the case on the Resolution Center. Hope this helps! Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

playerattrape
Contributor
Contributor

The only option i have available to me is the one where i refund but the buyer retains the item. Can I please know how do i select the second option where I the buyer has to return the item to me before they get a refund?

Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @playerattrape Thank you for using PayPal. I hope you are doing fine. It's great to know that you and your buyer agreed to resolve the issue. From your end just respond to the claim in the Resolution Center, then select the option "Issue a full refund" (if the buyer already returned the item) or "Return item for a full refund". If you will select the second option, buyer will receive an email informing him to return the item to your return shipping address and will be requested to provide a valid tracking number. Once delivered to your address, case will be closed in buyer's favor and refund will be processed. About the complaint filed through the ic3 link, you may want to inform the buyer to cancel it instead since both of you already had an agreement. Hope this helps. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

playerattrape
Contributor
Contributor
The only solution i have to issue a full refund but there is a note there stating that the buyer will retain the item. I do not have the second option where the buyer needs to return the item to me before i send out the refund. Please help! Why don’t i have the second option?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.