Buyer abusing refund policy

von1980
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a jacket on ebay personnel unwanted items.  Buyer received item and requested refund as it did not fit her I politely declined as I said I don't offer in my listing which also indicates this when purchasing item,

The buyer has now opened a dispute via paypal claiming it doesn't fit, along with the item was not brand new (this was not listed nor advertised as brand new) and the sleeves and jacket are washed out and well worn and not free from imperfections as advertised.  I can confirm it was and is immaculate however I did not list it as free from imperfections even though its in perfect cond.

The buyer is now pulling all stops for a refund and never mentioned any of the above when contacting ebay they just opened a return request as jacket doesnt fit.

Im so angry as the buyer is clearly trying to do whatever to get a refund.  Im also wary that if the buyer does win and returns the item they will mark it to show that it has imperfections.  Not sure how to go on this one as ive never experienced this on ebay in all of my 10 years.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@von1980 

If she has opened a Paypal and NOT an Ebay dispute then IF paypal find in her favour she will have to return the item back to you first at her expense before you have to refund.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.