Buyer Says he received Womens boots and I shipped an Expensive Jacket

Luxeboy88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently sold an expensive jacket on Grailed. The buyer received the item and quickly wrote me that he received womens shoes. I am a man and I don't sell womens products. PayPal of course seems to saying I agreed to refund the buyer if they ship the item back. I never agreed to this and am not sure why that is being said. The buyer is going to send me these fraudulent womens boots and keep my item. I provided images of the item, proof of my identity, Other listings I have successfully transacted, proof of item delivery and tracking. I am not sure if I should also go out and file a police report against the buyer for fraud. As the item retail value us quite higher. I foolishly did not get insurance as it was very expensive which I now regret. Anyone have any advice about additional steps I should take?

Thank you,
Luxeboy88

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Luxeboy88 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is aways one persons word against anothers.

As paypal never see the item in question they tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you (trackable to prove delivery) before you have to refund.

You did agree to all this when you agreed to paypals user agreement when you opened your paypal account.

If you get back NOT what you sent then you can appeal to paypal but not sure you will get anywhere, worth a shot though.

Failing that you can take private legal action against the buyer if that is an option in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.