Buyer Protection Without Funds

Reaperexed
Contributor
Contributor

So for example, if I were to buy an item of $1000 and didn't pay it on paypal up front and the item was faulty, damaged, etc. Would I be able to email Paypal and get the refund for it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reaperexed

No seller is going to send you an item if you don't pay for it first !!

Paypal buyer protection however covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

BUT that protection is not a 100% coverall so you need to read up on it to see what coverage it offers.

Also make sure that either you or the seller (dependent on how you pay) give a full description of the goods on that payment invoice etc.

And DO NOT use the friends / family option to pay for goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Reaperexed
Contributor
Contributor
thats where i was confused, i thought paypal would pay for it and then theyd take money out of my account and id go into the negative if i didnt have all of it in my account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reaperexed

You are correct in that paypal credit the seller 'whilst' your funds are processing as those funds do not process through to paypal instantly.

But you have to have funds available when you buy something as if you had a failed transfer from your bank account and went into negative balance then paypal would remove the bank account option for use in the future to reduce 'risk' to them OR they would send any payments from your bank account as an echeck and you and the seller would have to wait for the funds to transfer to paypal first thus delaying your item being sent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.