Buyer Disputing on Services that's already been rendered

Papito_
Contributor
Contributor

So I am offering a service that means I cannot give tracking numbers for my transactions.

The problem now is my clients are using my service then once the service is finished/used by the client they would go and dispute then escalate the transactions with the reason "Item not received".

I tried to dispute the claim saying that the service was already rendered to the user but then the result gets favored to the buyer with the Adjudication reason as "Invalid tracking number provided." Of course there is no tracking number provided as it is an intangible item.  

I can let this go if its just 1 or 2 transactions but its not. This buyer is like buying our service in batch so he got lots of transactions for multiple accounts  which amounts to hundreds of dollars. Then once the service is finished he would dispute all those transactions and pays for more services again using the refunded amount. After that he would dispute and pay for our service again and again. He is basically exploiting a loophole here and is making us lose a lot of money. He already got almost 2 months of service for free which amounts to hundreds of dollars. Now I can let go of the first batch of refunds which he disputed since its my fault and did not respond to the claim on time but for the second batch of dispute cases I responded and said that the service has been already rendered but still it was decided in favor of the buyer. 

Back to the dispute cases, on some of them there is still an "appeal the outcome" link while other cases no longer have that option, so why other transactions doesn't offer you to appeal the outcome?

I still haven't tried the "appeal the outcome" option as I am afraid it would automatically gets denied again as I do not have any tracking info to give. What should I do now? 

My service is definitely working and its been running for almost 8 years already. This is the first time I encountered this problem. My account is in good standing balance. I always make sure that we have more than enough rolling balance for dispute cases so that PayPal knows that we are not a  fly-by-night business. If you are thinking that maybe he really did not receive the service. Well I can guarantee that he already did. Besides if he is not receiving our service then why would he pay for our service again and again.

If only PayPal would really check the transactions then its clear that this user is just trying to rip us off. The transactions were only disputed after a month that's because they are still using our service. A normal buyer would start a dispute case immediately just hours or days if they did not receive our service not after a month.

To give you an idea how big of a problem this is for us just look at this list of refunds on my activity page of my account and the list of cases. That's just for today and what fits on my screen. 

disputesdisputes
 These are the current open cases it used to be more than 80+ open cases before the massive refund today. I am sure once his other active services expires he will dispute the transaction on those too.

open casesopen cases

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Papito_

There is 0 paypal seller protection for virtual / digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Papito_
Contributor
Contributor

So that means anyone can pay for your service and dispute them later on after using your service and PayPal wont care about it?  Another batch of disputes got opened again today from the same buyer. PayPal should at least check cases like these where its very easy to tell that this dispute cases shouldn't be honored. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Papito_

No one pays me and I don't provide a 'service'.

However paypal provides you with a service ie buyers can pay you HOWEVER they do not provide you with 'seller protection' for virtual / digital content.

So 'knowing' that information its up to you if you want to take the risk and accept paypal for those types of transactions, your call.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.