Buyer Changed His Mind - Wants To Return Item

bs1mple
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’ve been using Grailed.com to buy and sell items for the last few years luckily with no issues until this recent one that I’m hoping to get some advice on.

I sold a pair of dead stock Nike SB Dunk Chunky Dunkys that I got from a local raffle to a buyer with zero rating for $1,710. He made the payment through Grailed and PayPal successfully.

A day before I was to ship the shoes out, he messages me asking to cancel the order because he would feel more comfortable buying them from StockX. I offered to cancel to sale, but also told him I would include the original receipt and winning raffle confirmation if he still wanted it. A little later he messages me back wanting to keep the shoes instead of canceling the order.

A day before he was scheduled to receive the shoes, he messages me back again saying he’d prefer to cancel the sale again and asked me to intercept the package. I added signature confirmation to the delivery, and just told him to just reject the delivery so USPS would retain possession of it to send back to me.

During the day of the delivery, the buyer claimed that the package was just left at his door without his knowing. I went to check the proof of delivery from USPS and can see a signature and printed name/address scanned in. The buyer claimed this isn’t his signature, and that the mail carrier must must have did it.

He still would like a refund at this point, but I am now hesitant to do so because the shoes are now in his possession. I’m worried he can easily swap them out to return to me.

What would happen if he files a PayPal claim or a chargeback? Would I be liable to refund his money?

What happens if PayPal forces me to take in his return, and I receive something other then the one originally sent to him?  Does PayPal have any protection against that for the seller?

Sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any advice.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.