Buy opens case after fbay closes case

junkinmike
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer is opening a case after eBay closed it concerning purchase over 2 months ago no pay pal as my phone is on hold what do I do he claimed you shipped it to me but it never Showed up and the tracking was a complete different address 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@junkinmike 

You will need to provide sufficient evidence that you shipped to the address on PayPal payment to the customer by providing proof of delivery.

Go to your local USPS office and ask for a INTRANET report, also GPS delivery coordinates on the tracking number, especially if it is so long ago and the post office recycles numbers. Ask for whatever reports USPS can get officially to refute what the buyer claims. Pdf them and upload to the case. Mind the response time you have, if PayPal closes the case on you, still get the information and appeal the decision, and report the buyer for abusing buyer protection if you really did ship it to them and can find any trace of the buyer redirecting the package to another address.

May want to file a ic3.gov and a police report and have them forward to the recipient's local pd if at all possible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

junkinmike
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer purchased a tankless water heater in early September filed case for not as described then claimed he shipped it but it never came so eBay shut down the case. Now 2 months later he files with PayPal for the same thing. Being that this an electrical item and the buyer may have done to it that may have caused damage etc. why wait 2 months. And I don’t offer any kind of warranty. Am I still going to have to refund him what ? I’d like to know when the seller win?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @junkinmike,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum and thanks @sharpiemarker for your response! 

In general, we would only refund the payment to the buyer once the item has been returned to you. If this happens, you can check the item to see its status. If it's more damaged than what the buyer claims, then you can file an appeal from your Resolution Centre. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.