Buy It Now refunds

AR15er
New Community Member

Why is it when a buy it now items is payed instantly "obviously" and is cancel because Ebay detects fraud the refund is not instantly refunded. The ebayer then has to go thru the resolution center to get the refund. Then if any of this gets forgotten by the purchaser he is out the money.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @AR15er,

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry that you've experienced inconvenience. eBay and PayPal are separate companies. If eBay cancels a sale, PayPal still has to be notified by the buyer that the they would like to dispute the payment. You do have up to 180 days from the date of the transaction to open the dispute, so if there are any that you have forgotten in the past that meet this criteria, you still do have the opportunity to open a dispute.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.