Business documents As a partnership - lifting restriction

Beadsforbub
New Community Member
I am desperately trying to figure out how to get the ristriction lifted on our account. Paypal wants ‘partnership documentation’ to prove the prtnership but as a business in australia, none of this is a requirement. We have an ABN (australian business number), and its a public record system so there’s no official documentation, i have tried forwarding our tax file number on the original letterhead, our full ASIC registration documents (the registration body in australia for businesses), as well as screen prints of all the required information while logged into the tax departments online portal with the government details/logo on the oage, and both of our drivers licenses attached, and all still getting rejected! Automated online messages are no help, and every time i call i get the run around from people who have no idea what i need due to not knowing australias system, or i get hung up on! Can anyone help?!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Inkdrop
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? We're in the same situation. We're a married couple who have run a partnership in Australia for over 40 years. We have three business names registered. For the newest business we need to be able to accept PayPal funds from an overseas customer. We have successfully sent invoices twice (not through PayPay) and have been paid through PayPal. Now we have supplied a service, but we are unable to request money through PayPal as we are unable to resolve the issue of our longstanding and legal partnership. We have never legally been required in Australia to have a partnership agreement. So, PayPal has frozen our funds and made it impossible to invoice for a service already delivered. We are at risk of losing this customer, as this issue makes us look very unprofessional. How on earth can this be resolved? It is basically theft by PayPal at this point and obstruction of us carrying on legal business in Australia.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.