Buisness account problems

flofloblas
New Community Member

Hello Paypal Community, I sold something on eBay today and as I did so I realized my Paypal account was a Business account which I had never noticed before. I have funds on hold because I have yet to ship out the package but I am scared I will not get the funds since I do not have a business and have a business account. I tried to call PayPal and all they did was tell me there was no one on the line and I cannot seem to find a relevant question anywhere else. I tried to switch accounts but I cannot close this account until all funds are delivered so I don't know if I can switch to a personal account and receive my funds. PayPal sent me an email that I need to "Confirm your taxpayer status to avoid limitations to your account" and I am not fully sure what this meant. As I was filling out the form to try to make this work the page submitted itself as I was switching ways of verification. I am very unsure what all of this means and I am nervous too if I will get my funds or not. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Idaleigh
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get this resolved? I am going through this same exact issue with Paypal, now and can't get a response from them. - I have sent multiple messages, but it sounds like I need to phone them. I'd be very interested to hear how you got this issue corrected!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Idaleigh 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Idaleigh
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for responding. I plan on calling PayPal today, as they have not responded to multiple emails regarding this issue. If necessary, I will delete my account and start a new one.
Login to Me Too

fabulouslydope
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and I am very sick of it. At this point I just feel like they are doing it to keep people's money for themselves. I do not see the reason to keep on putting limitations on my business account asking me to verify my business EVERY SINGLE TIME A CUSTOMER MAKE A TRANSACTION. I HATE paypal with a passion for this same reason because not only does it hold up my money it holds up my business transactions and things I need to pay. If I already provided the information in the beginning DO NOT ASK ME FOR IT AGAIN because it has not changed from the first transaction and my business information will never change. At this point I am highly **bleep** and annoyed and if I have to get someone on the phone it will not be pretty. The only reason I use this **bleep** service is because most of my customers prefer it. If it wasn't for me trying to cater to my customers this would be the last service I would EVER EVER EVER think to use. If i was to rate paypal on a scale of 1 to 10 i'll give them a -100. I can't deal with the bind they keep putting me in because they want to continually verify my business and my supplies every transaction that comes in. My business is ecommerce, I do not have supplies on hand nor do I order any. The only time I make an order is when the customer places an order then I make sure to order the products to be sent directly to them. Dealing with paypal is giving me a headache. The minute I get this resolve I will try to find another and BETTER service to provide to my customers because this WILL NOT WORK FOR ME. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.