Buffarea - SCAM - GOLDEN SEA SERVICE LIMITED

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered an item off Buffarea.com and thought it was trustworthy due to the fact they accept paypal. Boy was I wrong. I was unaware that this was a chinese company. That part is not a big deal to me. What's a big deal is all the bad reviews they have online and how it's impossible to contact them. Search Buffarea on facebook and it's ONLY customers warning eachother about how Buffarea uses stock photos of decent clothes but send you a cheap knock off. What concerns me are customers that used paypal are NOT getting refunds for this. Some customers never get their items either. Whats also bizarre is on this company's website they charge a 15% fee for cancelling orders. I have never seen such a thing and can't believe paypal would support this site. The only way to contact this company is by email and they aren't replying. So I opened a dispute. I'm trying to cancel this order and get a refund. It's obvious I'm not getting anything or if something does show up it's going to be nothing like the item I thought I was ordering. If paypal somehow sides with them, what should I do next????

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Srhogan
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered in April noticed I hadn’t received anything in May and contacted Pat Pal. 18 days later I get a bogus tracking ID. So I waited. 10 days ago I get a package(July). Not at all what I ordered. Total junk garbage. Paypal said to ship it back, to China! The return addy on the package was from Chino Ca. I go to the post office to return it and they said I had to have the sellers phone number listed on the customs form to return it, that wasn’t provided. I sent pay pal a message requesting that, got no response. They closed my case once again. I’m over it at this point. Obviously pay pal does not have our best interest in mind, so I have no other choice but to go to the Bureau of consumer protection and FTC and file a formal complaint. You all should too, this is absolutely astounding the number of complaints on Pay Pals own site yet nothing is being done and people continue to get scammed out of money by these thieves!
Login to Me Too

Zemily
Contributor
Contributor
My credit card company took care if it because PayPal waS completely horrible. Its automated ordering said I needed to speak with an agent then it announced there was no agent available. Then I received an email stating it was a dispute between me and my credit card company. Last week I received the dress. Astoundingly it was exactly what I had ordered! However, it had no labels of any kind, and its return address was New Jersey. I called the credit card company. In my opinion PayPal has zero credibility, and its reputation is ruined. I will never order anything from Facebook or instagram again.
Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
What a nightmare! I'm still waiting...this is so maddening. Shame on PayPal. I'm going to go thr FTC route I guess. It's just such a pain to go through all this at this time. There's a shortage of workers due to Covid-19 it's already a nightmare getting through to anyone. The scammers count on this to work in their favor.
Login to Me Too

dholcommCA
Contributor
Contributor

The one good thing about using PayPal is that you did not directly provide your credit card information to Golden Sea or any of the bogus companies associated with it. I can only imagine what happens to people who do.

In an email I sent to Golden Sea I called them on their scam listing all the companies associated with their name with complaints showing here in the PayPal community. I got an apology from Golden Sea and a promise of refund within 30 days. I have that marked on my calendar. I have saved all my correspondence with Golden Sea, including the promise of refund. I do not expect to receive the refund from Golden Sea but I will be armed and ready when I address the issue with PayPal. I have also notified the companies (Sundance Catalog and Johnny Was) whose ads are being stolen for promotion on Levemaze the Golden Sea company I purchased from. 

Golden Sea is absolutely criminal. The challenge is that you do not see that your purchase is going through them until after you've submitted payment. 

The list of companies I identified as associated with Golden Sea are within a previous post. I am sure there are dozens more by now. Buyer Beware. 

Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
DholcommCA you are amazing. Thanks for your efforts. I'm so saddened every time I see a new customer has been robbed by this company and PayPal's total dismissal of their actions. I'm not looking forward to pursuing my 124.00 at all. I find the whole process is degrading.
Login to Me Too

dholcommCA
Contributor
Contributor

SUCCESS!  Evidently threats work. After exposing their scam, listing the companies I was aware of associated with Golden Sea, their false advertising using Johnny Was and Sundance images, the fact that they seem to create new companies when complaints catch up with them as suggested by all the complaints in the PayPal community, refusing an offer for a $15 dollar refund and 50% discount on future purchases if I would accept my items, and threatening to register a detailed complaint with PayPal if I did not get my refund within the 30 days promised.... I got my refund!!!  For me it was more about taking on the scammers than the money so I am happy to report a victory.

I love a sale but if it looks too good to be true, it is. Lesson learned. It's better to watch for sales by reputable companies. Because of coronavirus and people not going to stores there are a lot of good deals out there from companies you can trust. 

Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
DholcommCA,YAAY.OMG who did you threaten? Buffarea, Golden Sea or Paypal? Who gave you your refund? I am so happy for you!!!
Login to Me Too

dholcommCA
Contributor
Contributor

I corresponded with Levemaze which is the Golden Sea company I purchased from. It appears they are all Golden Sea. Here is the correspondence and the email I sent to them that I believe got results--for them to cancel my order and give a refund that came through shopify and PayPal. 

July 7

Dear Customer,

Please accept our apologies. We will now send a request to our accounting team to process the refund.

Kindly note that some banks and credit providers may take up to 20 business days to apply the credit to you account. We are asking you to patiently wait for the refund. Thank you.

Best regards.

July 7

Thank you for your message. I will look forward to receiving the refund. If I do not receive it within a month I will go ahead and file the complaint with PayPal. 

With regards, 

June 14 PLEASE CANCEL MY ORDER AND RETURN MY PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL. 

I see that Levemaze site payments go through Golden Sea Limited that has many websites under different names, Buffarea, Lilyidea, Flinycoth etc. There are many complaints against these companies under Golden Sea. People complain they never receive their orders, receive partial order and items are not as represented. You are using photos from reputable companies such as Johnny Was and Sundance however that is not the source of your merchandise. It appears that as negative reviews catch up with Golden Sea you create a new company. 

Please refund my purchase so that I do not have to take action through Paypal and Facebook.

Please confirm receipt of this email and my refund. 

Thank you,

June 10 Dear Customer,

We are glad to hear from you.

If you keep your order, we will offer you a partial refund of $5 and $10 discount coupon that you can use on your next purchase to us.

Please advise if this offer acceptable for you so that we can process it as soon as possible.

Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to email us back. Have a nice day.

Best Regards.

June 22

The offer is not acceptable. I will not be making any further purchases from your company. Please cancel my order and refund my money. Otherwise I will need to file a complaint with Paypal. 

Thank you, 

June 9

I made this order six days ago and paid through PayPal. I have not received notice that it has been shipped. Is there a problem? When should I expect it to be shipped and when should I expect it to arrive?

Thank you,

Deborah Harkin

June 10

We are glad to hear from you.

You package is on the way. The tracking number is CUS200605WPV1000059 and you can track via https://ec-firstclass.chukou1.com/Details.aspx#

Should you have further inquiries, please feel free to email us back. Have a nice day.

Best Regards.

I tracked this number and the package was shown as in processing, not shipped.

Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
D! I used your format and they are sending me a full refund. So this morning I realized I need to reinstate PayPal to get my money! Thank you so much. Seriously you really helped solve this. Love, Cynthia
Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
So after a week of back and forth PayPal told me they won't help me get the refund and I should seek legal assistance against the company KIYOW. See, I had closed my PayPal account. I get that. But the company was willing to refund me. PayPal at one point told me that the money should go into my account. They have changed their tune. In fact every single response I get from PayPal is different. I blame PayPal for doing business with a fraudulent company in the first place. So yeah, it ain't over. It's less about the money than the dishonest practices of Golden Sea Services and PayPal. I've got nothing but time on my hands to go forth with a lawsuit. Not just for me, but for all the people in this thread who have been scammed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.