Buffarea - SCAM - GOLDEN SEA SERVICE LIMITED

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered an item off Buffarea.com and thought it was trustworthy due to the fact they accept paypal. Boy was I wrong. I was unaware that this was a chinese company. That part is not a big deal to me. What's a big deal is all the bad reviews they have online and how it's impossible to contact them. Search Buffarea on facebook and it's ONLY customers warning eachother about how Buffarea uses stock photos of decent clothes but send you a cheap knock off. What concerns me are customers that used paypal are NOT getting refunds for this. Some customers never get their items either. Whats also bizarre is on this company's website they charge a 15% fee for cancelling orders. I have never seen such a thing and can't believe paypal would support this site. The only way to contact this company is by email and they aren't replying. So I opened a dispute. I'm trying to cancel this order and get a refund. It's obvious I'm not getting anything or if something does show up it's going to be nothing like the item I thought I was ordering. If paypal somehow sides with them, what should I do next????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@FerretPepper 

I know it's alarming whenever you see some negative reviews about a merchant who accepts PayPal but when you pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Purchase / Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help you get a full refund.

If the merchant is not responding to you You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days from the date the dispute was opened so we can investigate for you.We will review the case and decide the outcome (usually within 30 days or less).

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.  Keep Safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor

WOW

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/buffarea.com

https://www.scamdoc.com/view/35519

How can paypal continue to support this site when no one has anything nice to say about it. 

This website is barely 6 months old apparently? 

I wish there was a way for hire ups in Paypal to see this because it needs to be stopped before more people get robbed.

Login to Me Too

Surecat23
Contributor
Contributor
They don’t send what you order ...over a month and keep your money! They have yet to answer any of my emails. In a post on their “jinfashon,” others were questioning their credibility, same thing happened to them and our posts were taken down. They are not reputable. Be careful!! Why isn’t pay pal helping!?
Login to Me Too

KenRedhawk
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is responsible for this mess. If they had vetted this Chinese scam they would not have allowed that company to use them So are we not to trust PayPa?!!
Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
So yes absolutely PayPal is profiting off of fake business. I complained on Facebook too and they don't seem to mind that we are getting scammed either. So I cancelled my PayPal and removed my bank from them knowing damn well I'm not going to see my 124.00 or goods that resemble anything that I purchased. But I kept getting more and more emails regarding multiple people who are going through the same thing. PayPal is making them jump through hoops to get answers. So nope. The only reason I'm back is to follow up with all the poor souls like myself who were dumb enough to fall for a scam on Facebook and PayPal. We have been Catfished by a fake business and robbed and left to defend ourselves. So what can we do? I think the media is the best route, but seriously with everything going on, my heart can't take all the stress. I pity anyone out there scamming people during these horrific times.
Login to Me Too

Sandrafowle
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed and PayPal won’t refund.  Cheeky **bleep**    They sent a parcel with nothing in it so it was registered at the shipping depot so it looks like they sent the items, I’m fuming 

Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
I've reported them to the FBI CYBER CRIME team. There are so many victims. PayPal is part of the problem.
Login to Me Too

Zemily
Contributor
Contributor
Actually I purchased a dress June 7 from a Golden Sea Service Limited company called Buzzy Lily. I would like my $45 dollars refunded. I am furious as well that PayPal has allowed this to continue.
Login to Me Too

Hoejackie71
Contributor
Contributor
It shouldnt be happening- who is at the head off PayPal to ge t some answers
Login to Me Too

Raven98337
Contributor
Contributor

It's crazy how many people have been ripped off by Buffarea.. I have been waiting over 2 months for my purchase and I too used PayPal so I felt comfortable about making the purchase.. I've learned a valuable lesson through it all and that's to do my homework and research what people have to say about a company.. I've been able to find out that Buffarea's Exec's and majority owners are all Chinese working out of London, England addresses.. My card company refunded my money after I disputed the claim and now they've reversed their decision saying that the 'Merchant' had provided documentation that indicates, according to their records, posted correctly to my cards account.. <~~~~~<<< WHAT!!! >>>~~~~~> I just received this in a letter a few days ago..
  So where's my merch? NOW, I get to quarrel with my card company again!! And where's PayPal liability in all this? Someone, and I don't care who, Buffarea, PayPal or USDirectExpress, needs to reimburse my funds.. I'm burnt out on sending threats to Buffarea because no one's home ~ they don't exist in our reality!! ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.