Buffarea - SCAM - GOLDEN SEA SERVICE LIMITED

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered an item off Buffarea.com and thought it was trustworthy due to the fact they accept paypal. Boy was I wrong. I was unaware that this was a chinese company. That part is not a big deal to me. What's a big deal is all the bad reviews they have online and how it's impossible to contact them. Search Buffarea on facebook and it's ONLY customers warning eachother about how Buffarea uses stock photos of decent clothes but send you a cheap knock off. What concerns me are customers that used paypal are NOT getting refunds for this. Some customers never get their items either. Whats also bizarre is on this company's website they charge a 15% fee for cancelling orders. I have never seen such a thing and can't believe paypal would support this site. The only way to contact this company is by email and they aren't replying. So I opened a dispute. I'm trying to cancel this order and get a refund. It's obvious I'm not getting anything or if something does show up it's going to be nothing like the item I thought I was ordering. If paypal somehow sides with them, what should I do next????

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
Raven98337, It's horrible, isn't it? PayPal will make you jump through a few more hoops, but you might get your money back. If you have the patience. I'm done with PayPal and their scamming ways. Just the worst shopping experience ever. I will never trust PayPal again. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way.
Login to Me Too

Shmeen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, i too am trying to get a refund through paypal for a foolish order i made through this company. I ordered five items and they only sent me one item which was laughable when i received it. The company agreed to refund me if i returned the one item to them. So I did and gave paypal my tracking number and a photo of the package at the post office. But now paypal is asking me to file a report with a law enforcement agency of my choice and send them the report? I live in Canada and have no idea who to file a report to. I find this just another barrier to me receiving a refund. And given the number of complaints, shouldn't Paypal file their own report? I have pasted their email below. I left a message with their message centre. but has anyone had to do this? If you have, who did you file a report to? At this point, i feel like giving up and losing my money. 

Please provide any information we ask you to send us within 10 days. If we don't hear back from you within this time frame, we may decide this case in the seller’s favour.

To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Examples of such agencies could include:

• Your province’s consumer protection office
  • Your provincial police
  • A federal law enforcement agency such as the RCMP
  • A report to the Better Business Bureau isn’t acceptable for this document request

Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

• Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
  • Report specific details regarding the item you received
  • You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
  • The report must contain the following information: It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    • It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    • It must include the agency's or organization's contact information

Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.

Login to Me Too

Cynsterfo
Contributor
Contributor
Yep. Welcome to the nightmare. I even contacted the Federal CyberCrime/Fraud Unit. PayPal is clearly benefiting from these fraudulent purchases which is why I will never use them again. Sorry for your loss. 6 months later I have nothing but headaches trying to get my money back. It's a loss. Do yourself a favor and don't ever use PayPal again. Don't delete it though...they look forward to telling you if you get mad and delete your account you will never get a refund but if you owe them money they will take it. PayPal is shady and they do not care about the customer. They even closed this issue as resolved which is laughable. It's only resolved in that they are done dealing with it. Good luck.
Login to Me Too
Solved

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@FerretPepper 

I know it's alarming whenever you see some negative reviews about a merchant who accepts PayPal but when you pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Purchase / Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help you get a full refund.

If the merchant is not responding to you You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days from the date the dispute was opened so we can investigate for you.We will review the case and decide the outcome (usually within 30 days or less).

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.  Keep Safe!

Login to Me Too

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply. It's very comforting. When I get my refund thru paypal will Buffarea keep this 15% cancellation fee? For an item that never shipped out? I feel like that that's not legal, for them to keep a percentage of a payment for a product they never sent out. I have never heard of a company doing this and they conveniently mention this policy after the purchase is completed.
Login to Me Too

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@FerretPepper 

Once we find a seller at fault, then PayPal will help you get the full refund.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor
This is what happened when I told them I wanted my full refund. They are also aware I have a PayPal case but won't acknowledge it. (Regarding 15% 'cancelation fee') They are basically telling me they'll only cancel if I accept losing out on 15% of my money. Hello, How are you ? We have document to prove it is legal, because we state it in our website. The buyer should read clearly our clause before shopping. Here is the website: https://www.buffarea.com/pages/return-exchange ORDER CANCELLATION Your order will be fully refunded if it’s cancelled within 24 hours of purchase. Please submit a help ticket from Contact Us if you decide to cancel the order. For orders cancelled after 24 hours of purchase but before shipment, a 15% cancellation fee is applied. We will NOT accept order cancellation request if the order has already been shipped. Regards, Ivy
Login to Me Too

FerretPepper
Contributor
Contributor

So I finally got my (full) refund after waiting 20 days for my case to close (I think it's unfair to let the seller have almost 3 weeks to reply. Golden Seas ignored me until it was time for paypal to step in. I feel like if they don't reply within 10 days then they are just stalling at that point)

So what happened between the last post and now: Buffarea blocked my email. I sent an email on the 20th asking if they plan on responding to my case and I got a reply from an automated email in Chinese saying the email no longer exists. This is apparently common with this company. Once they realize you aren't going to back down they just block you. And email is the only way of communicating with them so....

SO besides Buffarea.com Golden Seas also owns www.tarisaa.com 

www.lilyidea.com

yancloth.com 

and the now deleted buzzylily.com 

Login to Me Too

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@FerretPepper 

I hope you are doing good. We are glad that you were able to finally get your refund.Rest assured that we have a group of people who reviews each merchant's account ensuring that they are in line with Paypal Buye/Seller Policies.

Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Prcooper423
Contributor
Contributor
How do I get a refund for this order. I have reached out to them multiple times with no response…
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.