Bruyei.com otherwise known as the guitar shop

captencanada
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 3 guitars .very low prices .I think it is a scam .they don.t respond to emails.no response to my orders.no response at all after 3 days .would like to cancel pending transaction but cant according to paypal   

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@captencanada 

SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THESE???

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@captencanada 

Pending authorizations cannot be canceled (which are agreements to pay the merchants and funds are held) because they expire (in 3 or no longer than 30 days) if the merchant does not capture the payment. Perhaps contacting your financial institution to see if they can cancel the pending transactions, no guarantees though and for the same reason.

If and when the payments are completed/posted/captured by the merchant, then you can dispute. Basically, you can't do nothing until the merchant has your money. If they don't, you can't, since the Pending transactions are pending and can expire.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rippedooff
Contributor
Contributor

I have been fighting with paypal for a refund which they denied. the only reason I went ahead an purchased was because I thought it was safe using paypal. Its not I no longer trust paypal.

Login to Me Too

jhonnyhhh1
New Community Member

I am also dealing with this crap, but wonder if is same site using a different front, called: www.fuligua.com, don't know what to do paypal is not giving it the attention that I would expect, now will see if my bank can do something about it, I can't believe the poor service, I thought that was the purpose of paypal to prevent stuff like this, and now cause of Covid19 no one is there and they barely give you attention

Login to Me Too

ldervin70
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is a very well documented scam unfortunately. And it has been going on for months. it is a chineese site and they are moving from account to account through Paypal. I have to admit I fell for it and had to file a resolution case with Paypal. Which is where the real nightmare started. 2 days without being able to talk to a human being at Paypal. Impossible to file online. Luckily part of the payment was made with a sapphire credit card with Chase. Their customer service was impeccable and immediate. But only part of the payment was made with the credit card, and part with Paypal balance. Since I contacted my credit card bank, now Paypal is refusing to continue to investigate the claim (even so that part of the payment made with paypal balance and was not refunded). I am appalled at the lack of customer service and protection experienced with Paypal. They are clearly encouraging scammers to utilize paypal by making it so easy for them and so difficult for the buyers. I used paypal for years, but now I am clearly going to investigate other platforms like Venmo for my future online transactions. It is inexcusable that Paypal is not able to proactively identify and stop such scammers who have been utilizing Paypal platform for months.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.