Broken item as seller issues

Jamesrobertguy
New Community Member

Buyer reported item damaged. But had re shipped item after my delivery. PayPal uncommunicative. Went in way of buyers favour. I sold and item on eBay for around £250. Cost about £550 new. It was listed as used. With no returns. The listing was accurate. The photos showed all defects. There was plenty of interest and views and bids on the item over the seven day listing. The winner came in and sniped the winning bid at the last second. So congratulations to them. He then proceeded to ask questions about the item after the sale. It then took four days to receive payment from them. I posted the item to the specific address that was listed on both eBay and PayPal. I used 48 hour tracking. The item turned up on time. About six days later I noticed another shipping label on the product on eBay. Showing the item had been re shipped to a different country. So twelve days or so after the listing ended the seller puts a complaint in about the item not working. PayPal has issued him a full refund without asking me any questions or input. And told him to return the item at my cost. So I’m now down PayPal fees, eBay fees, shipping fees (twice). The item was sent working. The item was listed as described. I’m just wondering where I stand. Because I have no control over the second delivery if the item got broken in transit. I feel he has broken the eBay money back guarantee by reshipping. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. James

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.