Breeder sent me the wrong puppy. Can I dispute at least the deposit fee?

Tyv28
New Community Member
I bought a puppy through PayPal and paid through goods and services. Deposit fee of $250 and the remaining later for when I received the puppy. I paid the rest when the puppy came but I didn’t realize until later that I might have gotten the wrong puppy. I had a feeling it was the wrong puppy when I got it but was too excited to check and I thought the breeder knew what she was doing. Anyway, my curiosity grew and so I checked the pictures again and was convinced I got the wrong puppy. I texted her and she replied with “you may be right now that I’ve taken a closer look but at the time I did believe I sent you the right puppy”. I got very upset because I put a deposit for that specific puppy for a reason. Otherwise, what’s the point in putting a deposit down?! Anyway, she won’t do any compensation and only offered to return the puppy for a full refund. I tried calling PayPal customer service to see if they can help me but since we’re in the middle of a pandemic, I couldn’t speak to a real human. Can I dispute something like this or I just have to take a loss?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.