Bought world of warcraft account and got scammed

Reinart1
Contributor
Contributor

I got a new response to this topic @Resolution centre - https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Getting-scammed-when-bought-world-of-wa...

It now says -- 

Item not received - claim

also it says

The seller escalated this to PayPal as they were unable to reach an agreement with you.

And

We’re waiting for the seller's response. We'll get back to you by 9 October 2018 at 23:59:15 GMT-7.

Does that mean I should just wait the time out or? Perhaps he is trying to wiggle out of it someway? What should I do?

Reinart
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reinart1

Nothing you can do but wait it out for Paypals decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

the case is about item not received.

to prove seller has delivered the item to your shipping addr,he has to upload a tracking  number showing delivery.

if this is a virtual /digital non deliverable good,then he has no tracking to show.

so he will lose and you wil get your money back.

did he send you something to your mailing address with tracking/ 

Login to Me Too

Reinart1
Contributor
Contributor

He did not, only thing we did was talking on discord, after he provided me with false information he tried to make it so that i would look like the scammer and he blocked me, then I went straight to open a dispute

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nevadasmith'

Sorry but thats not true.

Whilst a seller has no seller protection for virtual items in the event of a chargeback / unauthorised dispute they DO have seller protection in the event of an item not received dispute.

Paypal state this.............

Proof of Delivery for intangible items and services means any compelling evidence (as determined by PayPal) to show the sale was fulfilled, including but not limited to the following information:

1. The date the item or service was provided.
  1. The recipient’s address (for instance, email/IP) where applicable.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.