Bought item online as a guest

Clay11
New Community Member

I bought a Bluetooth headset on a website and paid as a guest. Item shipped a month after purchase and came from China. When item arrived I had moved already and the headset didn't work. Tried calling paypal to dispute item prior to shipping, PayPal did nothing. After the item was shipped by a neighbor to my new address, I received the item and it did not work and was not as described. I tried contacting PayPal several times but I guess Covid had their hands tied and there really isn't any customer service that actually knows their job. I was asked for the same transaction ID# several times within one chat and still got nowhere. I then filed a dispute with my credit card company but the person that filed the dispute placed the dispute as item never received. Now I have a knockoff bluetooth a credit card company that filed a dispute incorrectly and PayPal that can't provide telephone support and subpar customer service through chat. What other options do I have since I have returned the item to Canada because that is where the merchant asked me to return the headset but the Canadian Post returned as undeliverable. I have filed a dispute with PayPal but PayPal asks me to go back to my credit card company even though the item was delivered to me and unreturnable to the merchant because they provided me with this address in China that I don't believe is a legitimate mailing address:<removed> I have a feeling PayPal is caught up in a scam and is facilitating the scam to be run through China and profiting off of the scam. I have done everything PayPal asked me to do but feel like PayPal knows that the money is gone and they can no longer fight for the money back from the merchant because of international laws that are protecting these sellers in China that are selling knock off Apple bluetooth headsets.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.