Bought from a depop scammer

Sophieoakley16
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I bought something from a depop account and now believe it is a scammer from a hacked account. The user isn’t messaging me and has reuploaded the listings several times, I fear it is also doing it to many other people. I’ve also got messages saying they’ve had it happen to them. I paid through depop so should I be able to get my money back? Also is my back account that is connected to PayPal safe as I tried to remove it for safety but it won’t let me just to the pending transaction. Many thanks, Sophie.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Sophieoakley16

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

We apologize for that experience! Your financial information is indeed well secured. Sellers or Merchants will never know your financial details. You can definitely file a dispute through resolution center since you did not receive the item until this point. Here's How to file a dispute. Open the claim under "Item Not Received" dispute and we'll be more glad to help you.

Hope this helps! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.