Bought a desk online and received a cheap piece of plastic nothing like the advertise desk

Suemunn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I ordered a portable desk that can sit on your lap, I paid £25.96 for and  I received having waited 3 weeks  a cheap piece of plastic which looked nothing like the advertised product.   I contact paypal about this who looked into the case, the company did offer me £8 as a goodwill gesture I refused this.   Then the company wanted me to return the product and offered me a full refund of £25.96.  I posted the item paid £12.10 for posting and had a certificate of posting receipt, which I had attached a photo to my file case.   Now my case has been closed due to not enough evidence of posting, I admit I didn't go for the option of paying £16 for a tracking number when posting but I couldn't afford to pay that and thought the other receipt would be enough proof of posting.   I am not happy that my case was closed without me explaining why i wasn't able to pay extra for the tracking number.  So not only have I lost £25.96 I now have also lost £12.10 on top of that and now £38.06 out of pocket, the best part is the company probably have their cheap plastic item back by now without refunding me a penny.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Suemunn 

If you won a dispute paypal would have told you to send it trackable back to the seller to prove you have done so.

Then you could have claimed most if not all of those funds back again if you had activated the below link at some point before you made the transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Suemunn 

If you won a dispute paypal would have told you to send it trackable back to the seller to prove you have done so.

Then you could have claimed most if not all of those funds back again if you had activated the below link at some point before you made the transaction.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.