Bought a 99$ kayak from Chapliu.com my it was an add from Facebook anyone else do this

Youpickthename
New Community Member

I think I got ripped off how come PayPal allows these people to rip us off surly I’m not the first to experience this, I’m getting the law enforcement involved!!! Sure it’s a 100 dollars but  it’s  not right, once I made the purchase I get receipt emailed that has shows the sellers info (<removed>)   <removed>

anyone else experience this from this seller?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

lindquistfamof4
Contributor
Contributor

Don't give up, Paypal is VERY much aware that this is a problem! I just had my denial reversed and was given my money back!

Login to Me Too

lindquistfamof4
Contributor
Contributor

Well great news, Paypal reversed their denial they made yesterday and gave me back my money! I submitted a request to figure out what my next steps were letting them know I had proof from the post office and I got an email tonight that they closed it in my favor. Don't give up, keep fighting. The $92 is back in my PP account!

Fingers crossed you all are equally as successful!

Login to Me Too

Renita22
Contributor
Contributor
Yes this happened to me as well. A 9.99 purchase ended up costing me 100.89. And pay pay was no help. First the app wouldn't let me upload my proof,then the messaging center, dangles me along pretending that they were helping me, only to be told after my case was decided against me because I couldn't upload my info, that they couldn't help me. Pay pal is full of bs. Really thinking about closing out my account all together
Login to Me Too

lindquistfamof4
Contributor
Contributor

There is definitely a scam going on right now with the sellers. I contacted the post office because the seller provided PayPal with a shipping confirmation, as it turns out the shipping confirmation was for a delivery that was made for a completely different item to a house in my neighborhood (not even to my house). I did end of up getting my denial reversed and was credited the 93.00 I spent on the kayak. Lesson learned.

Login to Me Too

c2yardley
Contributor
Contributor
***BUYERS BEWARE*** Me too! Only mine was a purchase from a Chinese company yibdc.com Product: an outdoor cabinet! I had to cancel CC all together PayPal would not honor anything and kept me holding over an hour. PayPal is a shale of their prior selves. No longer doing business with them either. Update; I rec something from the company; never emails or returned correspondence but an empty envelope. I have since sent it to forensic analyst at the FBI to see if safe. I do t trust any of them!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.