Bought a 99$ kayak from Chapliu.com my it was an add from Facebook anyone else do this

Youpickthename
New Community Member

I think I got ripped off how come PayPal allows these people to rip us off surly I’m not the first to experience this, I’m getting the law enforcement involved!!! Sure it’s a 100 dollars but  it’s  not right, once I made the purchase I get receipt emailed that has shows the sellers info (<removed>)   <removed>

anyone else experience this from this seller?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

ShaneThomas
Contributor
Contributor

My payment was pending until today and now it has been completed. I have sent numerous amount of emails to the seller with no replies. I have not received an email for this product that is a statement or anything. Just filed a complaint with PayPal and will be contacting this tomorrow about this . I hope you are able to get and refund. I hope I get a refund as well. 

Login to Me Too

Kmb1
Contributor
Contributor
After I purchased the kayak I had a bad feeling. I thought it was too good to be true. Maybe it was used..maybe some promotion.. Or a scam. I felt like the scammer would not hVe been approved by PayPal..right!? I emailed the 2 addresses I had one from the merchant and one from the PayPal site and tried to 800# but it was not a good number. I immediately notified PayPal and they said it was already paid So I started a claim. They contacted the seller. Then I got an email about a tracking number. UPS listed it as delivered (no it wasn't) (details btw said it was received by "sig. On file" and weighed 1.6 lbs- ha!) then the automated system says in transit??? Could the scammer have their hand in that system? I messaged them and they say to go through the shipper.!! The shipper doesn't respond. What a perfect scam! Paypal allows the money trade then when the package doesn't show up the shipper is suppose to investigate but they don't. So now I am at a loss. The original as that I bought from is no longer online but the same as is with a different store name. What is interest g also is when you search for it in the store there are no kayaks but when you search on google the ad and that store come up. Same scam New store name I wrote to PayPal to tell them the new store name and As I don't know if they will do anything about it though. Did you ever get a refund? Did you ever get hold of the seller?
Login to Me Too

dolfinxprs
New Community Member

toryburchflats.space is another bad site

purchased two on two different sites since we each wanted a different style, and wanting to start to have a decent summer. after not received the receipt within a day from either seller I knew something was up. I have always received an receipt email from Paypal usually within 2 hours or less. Both sellers MARTIN BRANDIBUR & Eladio Castillo posted deliveries before funds were posted in my accounts which no seller will ship until funds are received. One posted the delivery the same date and time of purchase, the other posted the delivery on 6/26 day but received the tracking email on 6/24 at 1147pm.

I emailed all the possible emails and got no response or receipt from any, and one was email denied - bad address. I filed a resolution with Paypal on both,they received a response from Eladio so will be interested to see any results. Called my bank and made a formal complaint  and also with FTC on all emails and web address I had saved to share at the time, now used for other reasons. I am usually very careful so being duped has really gotten to me. These people suck and the fact they are using Paypal as their format, &  giving Paypal a bad name you'd think they would want to do more. IF any resolution come I will try to update. I hope Paypal sees an read these message too, clearly its happening to more then one person, if that isn't a red flag.

Login to Me Too

Renita22
Contributor
Contributor
Pay pal knows that we are being robbed, they sent me a email that said the company looked like a fake company but guess what I still lost my dispute I'm so **bleep**. 100.00 is a lot to lose and get nothing In return I don't have the item and I dont have my money
Login to Me Too

lindquistfamof4
Contributor
Contributor

I was initially denied (6/28) and today (6/29) I got an email they reversed the decision and found me in favor. Money has been returned. Don't give up, keep fighting.

I have proof from informed delivery with the post office that this delivery (tracking number) was never scheduled for my house.

Login to Me Too

SusanVanderB
Contributor
Contributor

I thought too good to be true also but for $99 I figured I can't pass this up!   The red flags started almost instantly.  Same Kayaks, Same Price, Different Company name.    I got three order conf emails, all have different email addresses which are Gmail or Hotmail - all different, the terms and conditions show a different company (probably copied from a legit business)

On their Order Confirmation:

Have questions? Contact us at <removed>

or call [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/strong>. We are happy to help!

PAYPAL SHOWS:

Contact info

(it's in Chinese writing)The receiver of this payment is   Non-US - Unverified <removed>

Payment Sent to

When I tried to track my order - HA - 

Orders You don't have any orders yet. Once you've placed one, you'll find it here.   Start ShoppingHave questions? Contact usPhone[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/div>Email:   (the gmail address again) Shame on Payal for allowing all of us to send payments to an UNVERIFIED Chinese account and shame on Facebook for letting sellers from China with offers too good to be true pop up in Sponsored advertisements!   

Login to Me Too

Kathkimberly
Contributor
Contributor
Bought a 99$ inflatable raft when the seller sent shipping info it tracked the item being delivered the day I ordered it and the shipping information before I even ordered. But USPS shows a package delivered to my address at 10:48 am which is on the same day i ordered but actually before I ordered. I don't understand.
Login to Me Too

Kathkimberly
Contributor
Contributor
To add on the above the sight I ordered from was suppose to be from best way but billing went through a John Conway? And the item doesn't list inflatable raft it says items ordered? I've sent for emails with attatchments of sale receipt, PayPal summary and my credit card billing. Only get resent the same shipping info which is obviously a scam because it states shipping started days before I even ordered. PayPal needs to do something.
Login to Me Too

lindquistfamof4
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat (pun intended). Ordered a kayak through shopling, a facebook add. After no delivery and no response from the company I contacted Paypal to initiate a claim. NO response until 1 day before it was scheduled to be resolved and then miraculously the seller provided a bogus USPS shipping notification. I receive an email EVERY day of what's coming in my mail and this package was NEVER scheduled for delivery. After reading the community chat about this I am beginning to believe that Paypal is aware of this and working hand and hand with the scammers. There is NO way this many people have been scammed and they are not aware of it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.