Bought One thing, received something completely different after filing a complaint. PayPal no help.

Profshane
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I ordered two Laptop Workstations from what appears to be a Chinese company.  My workstations never came. After a month I contacted the company and they asked me to wait a few more days. I did so. After another week, I filed a complaint with PayPal. I waited a few more days, then tried to contact the company through their website and found out that their website was shutdown and no longer accessible. I then escalated my claim with PayPal. a few days later I received a small package from someone?company unknown by me that contained to cheap wrist watches. I had not ordered wrist watches from anyone.  PayPal closed my case in favor of the seller saying that the seller provided proof of delivery to me. I informed PayPal that I had not received my order, that I received a package containing watches with a completely different tracking number from someone or company in New York.  That package had a label on it that is covering up another label that seems to have my original tracking number on it. PayPal asked me to go to the Post Office and obtain an "Intranet form" saying the package was delivered to my address. The Post Office supervisor said they have no such package. I have been trying to communicate thsi info to PayPal and trying to appeal my case.  My messages have disappeared from my account even though it has been way less than the 90 days they say they will remain there. I cannot get through to PayPal as none of the mechanisms to appeal my case or complain about my situation are available to me through my account.  It seems as though PayPal is deliberately trying to avoid refunding my money even though one respondent informed me that my purchase was covered under their Buyer Protection program.  I would appreciate any advice on what to do next as it seems that PayPal has become the problem and is more concerned for the seller than the buyer.  Thanks for any help.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ffredddd
Contributor
Contributor
Look up thread Kainuode on this forum, and read all the posts. Kainuode is one of the names these scammers have used, with a switcheroo involving cheap items sent to get tracking numbers making it look like they sent what we ordered. Save all evidence, labels, merchandise, emails, etc. and send copies to PayPal. PayPal refunded my money after they saw my evidence (including photo of cheap watch with packing envelope showing tracking #. I suspect there are additional threads dealing with the same crooks in this forum.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.