Bought Item with Card through PayPal but I don’t have an account

Rana19
Contributor
Contributor

I recently received an item I ordered off of depop which uses PayPal protection. I received my item but it was counterfeit and damaged with paint marks. When I ordered the item, I used a card and it was linked through PayPal even though I don’t have an account. I received an emailed receipt and it had an activate account button which I used and put in the same info I used to purchase the item however, even though I used the same email and card, my transaction doesn’t appear and I’m not able to dispute it. I paid a large amount for the item, and reallly need my money back

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Rana19,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, when you complete a transaction through guest checkout, you won't see the transaction on your PayPal Account Activity even after registering an account. However, don't worry: you can still avail of our Buyer Protection policy. The case would need to be filed by one of our agents, though. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.